There are three membership categories: Fellows, Members, and Associate Members. All membership is free of charge.
- Members have reduced registration fees for conferences hosted by BEI
- Members have networking opportunities with research professionals and practitioners around the world
- Members keep up-to-date with the state-of-the-art of bridge engineering and related fields
- Members are informed of technical events organized by BEI
- Members have the right to participate in regional meetings
- Members have the right to vote in the General Assembly of a BEI conference
- Members support the discipline with which they are involved
Fellows are Members of the Institute who have made significant contributions to bridge engineering and related fields, and shall be an age of at least 50 at the time of election. Fellows shall be nominated by BEI members, evaluated by the Award Committee apponited by the Executive Committee, and elected by the International Advisory Committee. The elected Fellows wil be announced at a biannual conference.
Members are individuals who are interested in bridge engineering and related fields, and support the objectives of the Institute. Members shall have a BS degree with at least 2 years of professional experience or shall have an experience over 5 years in bridge engineering and related fields. Members have the right to vote on important items of the Institute at its General Assembly. If a qualified person publishes in the proceedings of a BEI-organized conference or symposium, the person becomes a Member of the Institute
Associate Members are individuals who are interested in bridge engineering and related fields and support the objectives of the Institute. Associate Members shall not have educational and professional requirements, and shall not cast a vote. Engineering students shall be Associate Members. If a student publishes in the proceedings of a BEI-organized conference or symposium, the person becomes an Associate Member of the Institute
To be elected and announced at BEI-2019